My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://cecile.braun-jones.com/blog/
and update your bookmarks.

Friday, May 22, 2009

USC Graduation / Remise de diplôme

From 2009 USC Commencement

Journee fantastique! Bon oui, j'ai encore un cours a prendre cet été mais c'étais de la moindre importance vendredi passé. Taylor, Lana et moi avons pris le bus pour allé sur le campus et éviter les bouchons et les problèmes de parking. On est arrivé juste a temps pour la cérémonie générale: plus de 6000 etudiants ont reçu leur diplome et il y avait 40,000 personnes sur le campus ce jour la.

Comme j'étais tout de même un peu en retard, on m'a fait avancé pour aller retrouver les gens de mon école. Je me suis arrêtée quand j'ai vu des gens avec mes couleurs et me suis rendu compte presque trop tard que c'était des étudiants en musique et pas mon collège, alors rebelotte, je pousse encore de l'avant et finallement me retrouve avec les gens de mon école. J'ai même eu droit a un chaise a l'ombre, deuxième rang et ai donc vu tous les dignitaires passés de près.
From 2009 USC Commencement

USC est vraiment doué pour organiser ces cérémonie de remise de diplome. Tout est grandiose et on se sent un peu dans un autre monde. Les discours ont ete plutot court. Arnold Schwarzonegger a reçu un doctorat de USC et nous a fait bien rire avec son discour.

On a pris le bus pour downtown LA ou on a retrouvé mes beaux-parents pour manger et on est tous retourné sur le campus pour ma remise de diplome.
From 2009 USC Commencement

Revoir mes amis de classe avec nos grandes robes noires, nos capuchons et nos chapeaux rigolos a rendu la journée un peu plus réelle. Et de parader devant nous familles et amis pour aller prendre place devant la scene fut un de ces moments inoubliables. Quand ils ont appele mon nom et que je suis montée sur scene, les aplaudissements et cris de joie avaient tout d'un coup l'impression de venir de bien loin et seule la scene, le director de l'ecole et mes profs etaient clairs dans mon champ de vision. Ce fut comme si le temps avait relenti un peu et j'ai tout d'un coup réalise ce que les derniers 30 mois ont accomplis. Et puis voilà, c'était terminé.
From 2009 USC Commencement

Une fois que t'a reçu ton diplome tout ce que tu veux faire c'est sortir de la et aller voir ta famille à la réception. J'étais tout sourire quand j'ai vu tout l'équipe des resource humaines arrivée pour me féliciter. Ca m'a vraiment touché qu'ils soient tous venus.
From 2009 USC Commencement

Les parents de Taylors nous ont emmener dans un bon restaurant a El Segundo, Second City Bistro. On a deguste un succulent repas!
From 2009 USC Commencement


Ce fut un jour plein d'émotion et de reconnaissance. Reconnaissance no seulement pour mon master mais aussi pour tout ceux qui m'ont offert leur support pendant ces 2 derniers annees, ma fille, mon merveilleux mari, sa famille, mes amis, et bien sur ceux qui ne pouvaient pas être la, ma famille et Kenda et sa famille.

Ce fut un jour plein de sourires et de souvenirs. GO TROJANS!
From 2009 USC Commencement



Cliquez sur l'album pour voir toutes les photos de la journée:
Click below to see all of the day's pictures:

Amazing day! I know, I know I still have the one class left, but that didn't quite matter last Friday. Taylor, Lana and I took the bus to campus to beat traffic and parking nightmares and got there just in time for the main ceremony. I was actually a bit late and had to cut in front of hundreds of undergrads to fine my peeps. Which I then realized weren't my school but masters in music education (their hood were just a tad lighter then ours.) So forward I went until I saw someone from SPPD. I got pulled at the last minute to sit with my schoolmates and got prime seated just two rows in from where I could see everyone walking from Bovard Auditorium to the presidential platform.
From 2009 USC Commencement

One thing USC does well is Commencement ceremonies. It's all so grand, it transports you to another place. President Sample's speech was great and while the valedictorian's was a bit cerebral and too philosophical, in my mind, for a celebratory moment, Arnold's was great! Yup, call him Dr. Schwarzenegger from now on. A Trojan like the rest of us. He made us laugh!
His three quick steps to success: 1)come to America, 2) work your butt off 3) marry a Kennedy
We got the longer 6-step version too but I'll spare you that!
From 2009 USC Commencement

We headed to LA live for lunch where we met Annette and Ron and then back to campus for the satellite ceremony. Seeing all my classmates there made me realize how many connections I'd made and what I'd accomplished over the last two years. And walking in the tent where all our parents, family and friends were cheering us on was one of those "one in a lifetime" moment. We cheered every name that was called, but when it was time for me to walk up on stage and get my degree from the dean, the whole world faded away a bit. Cheers filled up the background but it was as if time had slowed down and the only thing that was crystal clear was the stage and what it meant to grab that diploma and shake those hands. And then, just like that, it was over.
From 2009 USC Commencement

Once they call your name, you just want to get out and see your family at the reception. I was glowing in the excitement of the day when suddenly the entire HR office shows up with balloons and presents! I was so touched they came I almost cried. And Toni was there too, though I didn't get to see her. People I see everyday in the office and have helped and supported me throughout my program took the time to share the moment with me, it made me feel special.
From 2009 USC Commencement

Later, the Jones' too us out to dinner at Second City Bistro in El Segundo. Delicious delicious delicious dinner. Paula and Aaron were there too and, again, I loved sharing the moment with them.
From 2009 USC Commencement

It was a day filled with emotions and recognitions, not only of the effort I put in the program but of everyone who helped me getting through it, my daughter, my wonderful and supportive husband, his family, my friends and of course everyone who couldn't be there, my Dad and Stepmom, my mom, my brothers and Kenda and her family.

I couldn't stop smiling that day, it is a day that will stay with me forever. GO TROJANS!
From 2009 USC Commencement

1 comment:

Taylor said...

That's one smart mama!